Getting Started on Stayhomekansas.combcarlton3
Ready to get started? We’ve laid out the guide below to help answer your questions and give you a jump start.
Setting up shop
Getting your shop set up is fast and easy using our setup wizard. Create a vendor account by clicking filling out the form here. You’ll be prompted to enter the setup wizard, it’s not required but it’s the fastest way to get your shop up and running.
Do I need to have a business license to sell?
We don’t require a business license to sell on Stay Home Kansas, but we aren’t lawyers and don’t play one on the internet. If you’re unsure which laws apply to you regarding a business license or taxes, we recommend you reach out to a qualified professional.
Polish up your shop
Once you’ve reached your dashboard you’ll find a progress bar that makes it easy to know what to add to make your shop look it’s best to visitors. It’s also a good idea to start thinking about things like how you’ll handle shipping, lead times to produce ordered items, and your return policies.
A couple things to set up in your shop:
- Your logo and banner image.
- Your personal bio/about section.
- Your shop’s return, shipping, and exchange policies and terms.
- Enter your paypal info
- Connect your social media accounts
When you’re ready to load products into your shop check out our guide: How to Load Products into Your Shop.
What can’t you sell on Stay Home Kansas? The short answer is to keep it PG, but as part of our terms of service, you agree not to sell any of the following:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
- Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
- Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
- Any item illegal to sell in the United States.
- Violent or hateful Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify hatred or Violence
- Animal Products and Human Remains
- Pornography and Mature Content
After you’ve listed your items in your shop, you’re ready to go! Now is a great time to start thinking about how to market your shop. Utilize social media to post your products and link to your shop, tell friends and family and even run promoted ads and posts on facebook and google to really get the word out.
Congrats! And thanks for joining us on this journey.